The JPG communicates with Government, NHSE and other policy makers, regulators, patient and professional bodies and the scientific community to generate understanding and support for its positions on key issues in the UK that:
- Have a potential impact on the UK life sciences ecosystem
- Have a significant effect on the UK’s potential for future investment from Japan and patient access to innovation in the NHS.
Within its constitution the JPG aims;
- To fully represent the views of Japanese life sciences companies in the UK
- To promote Japanese commitment to involvement in healthcare in the UK
- To shape the attitudes of Japanese parent companies to encourage investment and business in the UK
- To foster communications between the Japanese Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (JPMA) and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) and the Government
In summary JPG members have made significant investment in the UK and see the UK as an important country in which to have a presence, as demonstrated by the number of European headquarters located here. They are major contributors to the UK economy and support the UK Life Science Sectors attractiveness to international audiences.
JPG members are investing significantly in a wide range of therapeutic and healthcare innovations, with 40 NCEs hoping to be introduced over the next 5 years.
JPG member companies are global organisations and the JPG will continue to champion the UK, highlighting it both internally and to external audiences for further investment in research and development, for the benefit of the nation’s health and the economy.